|Patient Education Center|
|Fit & Use|
|Care & Maintenance|
|Product Information: Devices|
|Product Information: Masks|
|Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting|
|Paying Your Bill|
Like anything that you use regularly, your PAP device and supplies need to be cleaned and maintained. We’ve included general information around the maintenance and cleaning of your equipment below. Please visit our masks and PAP devices product pages for videos and information on the maintenance and cleaning of your specific device or mask.
Ideally, you should clean your machine every day to make sure the air you breathe is as clean as possible. You breathe in whatever might be growing inside your machine. That could include mold and fungus. A thoroughly cleaned machine is safer and provides more peace of mind.
Refer to the manufacturer’s suggested guidelines for specific cleaning instructions. Here are some general instructions that should cover most machines:
1. Disconnect your machine from its power source.
2. Remove the tubing from any connectors or the machine itself.
3. Take a soft cloth and wet it with warm water.
4. Make sure it is not plugged in and gently wipe down the surface of the machine.
5. If applicable, remove the humidifier water tank and wash out with warm, soapy water, then wipe it out with a soft cloth and warm water.
6. When everything is dry, reassemble the various parts.
7. Turn the machine on and listen for any air leaks that weren’t there before.
Some devices include filters. Refer to the manufacturer’s suggested guidelines for how to maintain these. Filters will also need to be replaced over time. Refer to the Ordering New Supplies section below for insurance replacement timeframes and instructions on how to order.
To get the most out of your therapy, you should use clean, fresh supplies. That means cleaning them regularly. Hygiene is important to protect your skin, but also to protect the plastics in your PAP equipment. These start to break down over time when continuously exposed to the oils and material on the surface of your skin.
Remember to thoroughly clean your sleep supplies, following a daily and weekly schedule. Each time you use your PAP you should wash your mask, and all supplies should be cleaned on a weekly basis. Most supplies last longer when they’re well maintained.
Refer to the manufacturer’s suggested guidelines for specific cleaning instructions. Here are some general instructions that should cover most supplies:
1. Disconnect your mask from the tubing.
2. Disconnect any pieces (headgear, etc.) that are easily reattached.
3. Fill a small sink, tub, or basin with warm water and add a small amount of dish soap.
4. Submerge the mask, headgear, tubing, and connectors in the warm, soapy water. Allow them to soak for about 30 minutes. (Some pieces may be dishwasher-safe)
5. Remove the pieces and wipe them out with a soft cloth and warm water.
6. Pass soapy water through the tubing.
7. Allow everything to air-dry on a drying rack or towel.
Cleaning will only maintain your supplies for so long and eventually you’ll need to replace them. Most supplies are engineered for comfort and hygiene and over time will wear out. New supplies ensure your sleep therapy is working right for you, and most insurances will reimburse you for new supplies on a scheduled timeline.
If you need new supplies, you can start your online order here or call 877-247-2352.
Replace your supplies regularly to ensure you're getting the most out of your therapy.
Looking for information about your specific product? Choose your category below to find information on our most popular items.