|Patient Education Center|
|Reminders & Tips|
|Care & Maintenance|
|Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting|
|Paying Your Bill|
American HomePatient is proud to be your partner as you begin your new therapy. Our team is dedicated to supporting you with the oxygen therapy that your doctor has prescribed. Once you have been diagnosed with a heart or respiratory condition, it is extremely important to your health and overall wellbeing to use your therapy, and stick with it. Read below to find out more about your therapy.
We are focused on helping you live comfortably while on oxygen therapy. Click here to learn more.
When using your oxygen therapy, it is important to follow all safety precautions. We have provided a few reminders and tips below, and you can read the full list here.
1. DO NOT change your liter flow setting and/or how often you use your oxygen without consulting with your doctor.
2. DO NOT place the unit in a closet or other confined space. It is best not to move your unit from where it was placed by your representative. Please call us for assistance.
3. Keep all oxygen equipment at least five feet away from all heat sources, such as radiators, fireplaces, etc.
4. REMEMBER: Oxygen does not burn, but does support combustion. This means oxygen causes things to catch fire easier and burn faster and hotter. Keep all open flames away from your oxygen equipment.
5. DO NOT smoke while using your oxygen! Smoking with your oxygen could lead to property damage, severe personal injury, and even death. If you choose to smoke, you need to wait at least 30 minutes after turning off your oxygen. Smoke away from your oxygen equipment (in another room or outside).
NOTE: Oxygen saturates into clothing and bed linens and could easily catch fire if exposed to a spark or hot ash.
6. Clean and replace your supplies regularly. Click here to see the proper cleaning/replacement schedule.
To get the most out of your therapy, you should use clean, fresh equipment. That means cleaning the equipment regularly, and eventually replacing supplies. Click here to learn more about maintaining your oxygen therapy.
Looking for information about your specific product? Click here to find information on our most widely used items.
If you’re traveling, it is important that your oxygen therapy travels with you. We will help you coordinate your oxygen needs within the United States. Click here to learn more about scheduling your oxygen travel services.
When you first start therapy, you may run into some obstacles. We’ve compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting to help you solve any problems you may face.
The best tip is to remember the many health benefits associated with continuing your therapy. The longer you stick with it, the easier and more routine it will become!
If you’re having issues, contact your local branch. You can find your closest branch using our Locator.
It is important to work through whatever obstacles you encounter. Successful therapy is well worth the time and patience you invest in your ongoing health and wellness.
Respironics images and text used with permission.